Wednesday, June 3, 2009

a beginning

Internet in airports is a harsh import. My ride to Detroit was uneventful. The flight to Amsterdam that immediately followed was far too happenin'. I had a center aisle center seat. There was a Swiss man two seats over, a gap, and a Dutch dude to my right. The Swiss guy was really nice and had traveled India several times. I watched the entirely too depressing movie "The Reader." And then the babies started.
There were about 4 babies who took turns crying throughout the flight. They all joined together for the descent and the pressure change hurt their ears.
Night lasted about 4 hours. It was kind of cool to think about how fast we were rocketing around the globe. Unfortunately it is 3:14 EST, but my day has just begun. I feel rumpled.
I never even thought about how exciting it would be to go to Europe. If only for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment