Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Movement

Hellloooooo!
I have moved. First I'll mention where I was so that you know how excited I am to have a new place.
Since I arrived in India, I have stayed at the ISCCR (don't ask what that stands for) guest house. The room I stayed in was a hotel room: a nice bed and a nice bathroom. This is great for a short visit, but I was desperate to have an actual abode.
Also, $35 a night stacks up pretty quickly!

I have been talking to whoever I encounter at the ICGEB if they have any ideas. Since I don't really know the area, I have had to rely on others to do the grunt work of searching for me. Three days ago, a man who works in the same lab told me that he has a place and a space. His brother had been there, but moved out and left a vacancy that I could fill.

Two days ago I moved in and have been living the good life in a tiny room with a tiny bed and my very own attached bathroom. He has cable that gets CNN and BBC and ESPN as well as a kitchen. I will now pay $150 a month.

Woot! I can finally settle in India.

2 comments: